1. Can you tell us a little about the heart behind your business and what Ama La Vita means?
Ama La Vita means love life in Italian
When I was growing up I never realized, until now how similar my Mom and Dad were… My parents divorced when I was 6. They both remarried shortly after and I was blessed with bonus parents and I am so lucky to have them to this day!!
My Mom died in 2002. She had MS for 35 years, but never let that get her down. She was a fighter, enjoyed everyday, didn’t give up, and she lived life to the fullest!!! She taught my sister and I to have fun, be kind, love one another, and to make the most of each day!! She was also the person that taught me the love of shopping.
My Dad died in 2019 soon after being diagnosed with cancer. He loved to work and his businesses were very important to him, but he also knew how to have fun!! Family was everything to him and he always found time to help others. He had an incredible laugh!! He taught us to work hard, have fun, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and never say “I can’t.”
Both my Mom and Dad lived life to the fullest!! They embraced their lives and taught me how to do that also. That is one of the greatest gifts… I could have ever asked for. They showed me how to “love life” and with, my Italian ancestry “Ama La Vita” was born!
2. My followers likely don’t know about the rebranding you went through in 2020. Can you share about that briefly?
We were torn on closing our business or rebranding. We decided to rebrand and bring in more fashion & home décor, but we knew it wasn’t going to sell under blades to ballet.
3. How long have you been in business?
The store has been in business since 1986. I bought it in 2008 and changed the name in 2020.
4. Tell me a little about the kind of person you seek to serve.
Any age because [we both] can wear it and people younger and older! We search for the best quality & something you can have in your closet for a long time.
5. I know from speaking with you personally that 2020 was an extremely trying year even from the beginning. It’s so clear that you have taken it by the horns and faced every challenge head-on. What would you say is something from 2020 that you are most proud of?
Finally doing what we have been dreaming of for year. It definitely took the pandemic to push us to do it.
6. One of my favorite parts of your story is that you are a mother/daughter duo working a family business, yet your boutique is so high-end and chic! What’s your favorite thing about coming into work everyday as a team?
We workout together every morning & have “work meetings” & brainstorm a ton! We love making those dreams come true! We also love having fun and making a fun work environment!
7. What can we expect this year from Ama La Vita? What new things are you working on?
Bringing in more home décor and branching out more online!
An APP for our store!!